What to wear to a Photo session and where to buy them + Client Closet
One of the most common things I get questions about is, what should we wear?
I always say, try not to complicate it too much, first thing is you have to be comfortable and feel good about what you’re wearing, if you’re not comfortable it will show. Best thing to do is to start with you the Mama, you’re usually always the one stressing out on what to wear. You obviously want to look good but also feel good about what you’re wearing, so keep this in mind when you start looking for outfits. Cause lets be honest, dads/the men can most of the time just wear a pair of nice pants/jeans and a t-shirt, sweater or button-up shirt and look amazing. 😫 Why is it so unfair??!!
But no worries, I got you! Follow these steps and I hope it will take the stress away and I’m always here to be a boll plank and help you pick your items. 🙋🏻♀️
Also everyones budget is different so let’s go through some alternatives.
- First decide what color palette you want, I have a great Pinterest board for some great examples click ➡️ here
- Wear a mix of colors, PLEASE DO NOT MATCH TOO MUCH or wear the same item on 2 or more people, instead coordinate your colors. Have a mix of solids and 1-2 patterns. You don’t want to do too many different colors or patterns. You want the focus to be on you and the connections, not your clothes. Wear different color bottoms, don’t wear sneakers(unless they’re super cool or it’s your thing😜) or put everyone in blue jeans. Pull colors from each of your outfits to spread amongst you, is the best way to go.
- Look through what you already have and see if you can use anything, so you don’t have to buy all new wardrobes for the entire family.
- Buy clothes!! 😄🥳 Here’s some of my go to places for clothes for women
- Baltic Born
- Free People
- Landing Closet
- Joyfolie this website is also great for young girls and teenage girls. Sizes from 2-16
Here’s some places to go for babies and toddlers
So now when you found your items for you and your littles, the men and boys in your family won’t be to hard to find items for. Again check what you already have, and see what can match your items and then you can start looking for items to buy and I think Amazon is always a great place to start.
Let me know if you have any questions or need advice, I’m here to help. 😊
Here’s a great example of a family coordinating colors beautifully without it being too matching. Also mama you don’t have to be in a dress for your sessions, like this mama, she’s absolutely gorgeous and not in a dress. Don’t get me wrong, I love me a beautiful dress for sessions because the move and look great but you don’t have to, so no pressure. Have fun with it!
And I think the most important thing to remember is you still should look like you but just a little extra glam. 😉🤩
Here’s another family session with the mama wearing a dress to compare and see how beautifully the dress flows and adds movement to the images.